Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's day...just another day here.

Unfortunately, when Dan & I started dating, I made the huge mistake of saying that Valentine's Day is just another day, and flowers are just something that die. *sigh* Yes, I said that to him. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Of course, 6 years later, I do wish I wouldn't have said that outloud. It'd be nice to get a card or flowers or even just a quick peck and a "Happy Valentine's Day". But no. And really, I'm alright with that. Really I am. But like I said, it'd be nice to be surprised just once with something sweet. Of course, Dan's not a romantic kind of guy. He proposed to me after I'd worked a 12 hour day at Sears Portrait Studio (Saturday after Thanksgiving--busiest day at the studio!) I'd had no lunch break, so of course, when I got home I raided the fridge. He yells from the living room, "Mary, come here, I got something for you." For me? What could he possibly have for me? And right there, in his icky old blue armchair, he sat with the ring popped open. He said, "Here." I said, "What's that?" of course knowing full well what it was. He just held it closer to me and said, "Here." And so I said, "Yeah, so?" And then he finally said, "Will you marry me?" And then I quickly said, "YES!" And then he snapped the box shut and said, "Oh, that was too fast." *haha* Yeah, too funny. "Give me the BOX!" and then I ran and called my parents. So that's our story. Not romantic, but cute in a lame sort of way ;). Tee hee.

In light of the lack of romance here, though, I made some cute little valentine words to add to your pages. Hope you enjoy them! I have to give credit to Chark for inspiring me on these. She gave out the cutest little freebie at our MiniSwapCrop and it flipped a switch somewhere in the hallows of my brain to do these. I'd love to see your pages with them! *hugs* Mary:)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Click here to get your freebie! And Happy Valentine's Day!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day! My hubby isn't a celebrater either. Thank you so much for the lovely freebies (I looked around saw what great stuff you had and started collecting). they are great! Any chance you'll renew the link for the "Tiffany Insired" set? Absolutely love those!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I did the same thing. When we were dating, we spent all kinds of money. But now, after years of marriage-nada. Me and my big mouth

6:33 PM  
Blogger nanasdinky said...

Mary I swear my DH sounds just like your DH...I had to laugh...Mine is just about as romantic lolol...but Im ok with that too....He shows his love in a million different ways...Thank you for the freebies :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Your story made me laugh. and thank you for the lovely words

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kyla Armstrong said...

These are so cute! Thank you!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your word art. Thank you.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are, well, LOVELY! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Happy Valentines Day to you, too.

11:58 PM  
Blogger MaryEllen said...

thanks for the great word elements
Have a great day even if it is just another day :)

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you ... I told my dear hubby the same thing and now I am lucky to get a card. But, he does so many wonderful things all year long ...it's not a problem.
thanks for the freebie :)
~Marie

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the great template!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TYS these lovely WA charms

4:45 PM  
Blogger A Cooking Bookworm said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely words.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cute lovey dovey words. They are really cute.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Not Everyones Mama said...

These are so cute! Thank you!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

My husband brought home a free rose he got at work. :P But he also bought me a yummy chocolate cake from an upscale bakery...I always can count on chocolate for Valentine's Day, but he knows I don't need roses on VDay when they cost 5 or 10 times what they normally do...the week before or the week after works well for my cheapskate nature. :)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The freebie words are so cute! They are also so well made! Thanks so much!

9:35 AM  
Blogger momto4boys said...

Thank you so much for the great Metal V-Day words. They area just really great

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home